WOONSOCKET, R.I., Sept. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Pharmacy announced today that it has voluntarily withdrawn all brands of homeopathic teething products sold in its retail stores and online at CVS.com. The voluntary withdrawal is being conducted in light of the FDA's announcement today recommending that consumers stop using these products.
The products affected by this action are:
- Baby Orajel Naturals Gel for Teething Pain, .33 oz
- Baby Orajel Naturals Gel for Teething Pain Nighttime Formula, .33 oz
- Baby Orajel Naturals Tablets for Teething Pain, 125 Count
- CVS Homeopathic Infant's Teething Tablet, 135 Count
- CVS Homeopathic Infants' Teething Liquid, .85 oz
- Hyland's Baby Nighttime Teething Tablets, 135 Count
- Hyland's Baby Teething Gel, .5 oz
- Hyland's Baby Teething Tablets, 13 Count
- Hyland's Baby Teething Tablets, 135 Count
- Hyland's Teething Gel, .33 oz
CVS Pharmacy is in the process of removing these products. A "do not sell" block has been placed in the Company's store register system to prevent further sale of any affected items.
About CVS Pharmacy
CVS Pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with over 9,600 locations. It is the first national pharmacy to end the sale of tobacco and the first pharmacy in the nation to receive the Community Pharmacy accreditation from URAC, the leading health care accreditation organization that establishes quality standards for the health care industry. CVS Pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health by providing the most accessible and personalized expertise, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS Pharmacy and CVS Health is available at www.cvshealth.com.
SOURCE CVS Pharmacy