Hartford, Conn. – Aetna today announced that 18 of its customers in the company’s Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions have been awarded workplace wellness awards based on innovative programs that significantly improved the well-being of employees.
“We congratulate these companies for their commitment to helping employees live healthier lives,” said Archana Kansagra, Director of Wellness Product Strategy & Innovation
“Nowadays, it is essential to have robust workplace wellness strategies and programs in place to attract and retain a happy and healthy workforce.”
Aetna customers in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Washington D.C. that have more than 100 employees and have already established wellness programs in place were eligible for the awards. The winners were chosen based on combined scores from the Aetna Worksite Awards application and the Health and Well-being Best Practices Scorecard in Collaboration with Mercer© (HERO scorecard), an industry-leading tool that assesses organizational wellness programs.
Aetna customers can be recognized for three award levels—gold, silver or bronze–based on their overall scores. Nine of the 18 customers are repeat winners, and five of those advanced to higher award levels this year.
- Children’s Home Society of Florida – Winter Park, FL
- WakeMed Health and Hospitals – Raleigh, NC
- Alex Lee, Inc. – Hickory, NC
- bestbet – Jacksonville, FL
- comScore, Inc. – Reston, VA
- GTE Financial – Tampa, FL
- Healogics – Jacksonville, FL
- Medifast, Inc. – Baltimore, MD
- Moffitt Cancer Institute – Tampa, FL
- NASCAR – Daytona Beach, FL
- Restaurant Brands International – Miami, FL
- Rogers Towers – Jacksonville, FL
- Trustbridge – West Palm Beach, FL
- Zyscovich Architects – Miami, FL
- Gables Residential Services – Boca Raton, FL
- The Haskell Company – Jacksonville, FL
- Tropical Financial Credit Union – Miramar, FL
- World Fuel Services – Miami, FL
Winners will receive a trophy and an achievement letter.
Aetna is one of the nation’s leading diversified health care benefits companies, serving an estimated 40.3 million people with information and resources to help them make better informed decisions about their health care. Aetna offers a broad range of traditional, voluntary and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental and behavioral health plans, and medical management capabilities, Medicaid health care management services, workers’ compensation administrative services and health information technology products and services. Aetna’s customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans, health care providers, governmental units, government-sponsored plans, labor groups and expatriates. For more information, see www.aetna.com.